The Newcomer

The Student News Site of New Tech High @ Coppell

The Newcomer

The Newcomer

FUZE I Takeover Episode Shows Promise

FUZE I’s opportunity to showcase their talents and passion on the FUZE show is a momentous occasion for FUZE. This show, typically performed by FUZE II and III, is a platform for students to express themselves and share their creativity with the school community. For FUZE I, this chance to “premiere” their skills is not only a validation of their hard work and dedication but also an exciting glimpse into what the future holds for them as they progress through the FUZE program.

FUZE I’s journey to this point has been filled with challenges and triumphs, and their performance on the FUZE show will be a culmination of their hard work and dedication. As they take the stage, they will have the chance to share their unique talents and passions with an audience eager to support and cheer them on. This moment is not just about the performance itself but about FUZE I’s growth and transformation as an outlet of expression for everyone in FUZE I.

I talked to Evie O’Neal, who is in FUZE I and this is what she had to say about the Takeover. “It was a new experience for all of us, because we had to think of unique ideas, and we had never done anything like this before. Most people didn’t know how to use the equipment so it was clunky at first. My group was proud of how it came out, it was very rewarding to see the result during Networking. I think that the ideas that FUZE I has are really fun, so as we develop more skills, we will be able to make many more cool segments in the future!

The FUZE I takeover consisted of skits like a recreation of Shark Tank featuring Ms. Hedges, Ms. Priya, and Mr. Garrott. This segment featured some really interesting proposals, such as Kazoo Club by Nickhil Bala (sponsored by Ms. Hedges), and The Information Club by Mikail Yasir. Huzefa was also featured in this Takeover on “Huzefa on the Street,” asking people questions. He asked Mrs. Bence, Tagore Kodavati, Anika Gunaselan, Mr. Vasquez, and Mrs. Gupta to try to name 3 people at New Tech shorter than him. He also asked teachers and students to rank teachers’ beards (Mr. Holmes won). Along with that, he had a segment where he asked people to rate Samarth Srinivas’s hair and received some mean comments and ratings. These are just some of the things featured in the Takeover, and if you want to see more, check out the video above.